An annual fire ban goes into effect for the Phoenix area and Maricopa County Monday.
The Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department implements its fire ban on Monday, May 1, lasting through September 30.
The City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department’s annual ban also goes into effect on May 1.
Those who ignore the ban may face fines.
What is NOT ALLOWED:
- The fire ban does not allow campfires, fire pits, and charcoal grills.
- Campfires along the shoreline at Lake Pleasant Regional Park are prohibited.
- Fireworks are prohibited year-round (Phoenix parks).
- Smoking outside enclosed vehicles is prohibited year-round (Phoenix parks).
WHAT IS DISCOURAGED:
- Smoking in the parks is also discouraged due to the extremely dry conditions. Please extinguish and dispose of cigarettes and trash properly.
WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE:
- Using gas/propane grills in designated areas such as semi-developed and developed camping sites, and in established picnic areas of Phoenix parks.